So, our good friend Melanie Jones (check out her blog in our blog list!!) showed me how to create and start a blog of our own. I hope I will be disciplined enough to keep it updated as we have friends and family far away that we really care about and would like to share our life happenings with.
Right now we are staying very busy. Justin helped teach at a neighborhood VBS last week. He is so good with kids. I can't wait for him to be done with school and actually doing something he loves. I am very proud of him. Morganne is keeping us very active, however she is a VERY good baby. Knocking on wood....she has been sleeping through the night since she was 6 weeks old. This morning she slept until 8:30am!! Oh so nice! She is smiling all the time and drooling to the point that she now wears a bib as an accessory. Too bad this stuff isn't worth money!! She s weighing in arond 15lbs. already- yes, quite the chunker! But oh so cute!!! Her dimbles are adorable. She likes sitting in her Bumbo chair, and in fact is sitting here watching me type at the moment. We have discovered that she likes watching video of herself on the computer too. She begins to talk back when she hears herself talk in the video. Not sure what she is really comprehending, but it's very cute.
Mom and Dad (Beth and Ken) are in Alaska right now. I have heard a few updates from them and other than Mom breaking a tooth, I think they are having a fabulous time!! I do believe they are missing their grandbaby though! Someday Justin and I hope to return with them to tour the awesome sites. I can't wait to see pictures!
Ripken and I are now in Open agility with our first leg in Open standard getting accomplished in the beginning of June. Reba recently finished her AX degree with the help of our good friend Deb Abbott. She is still one leg away from her AXJ leg- thanks to me! Stupid humans..... Ripken proves to be a very spoiled dog- if you've ever been around us, you know this already- but he is also being spoiled by his "great" Aunt Becky and Uncle Ken. They live failry close to the Cal Ripken, Jr. museum and often by "Ripken" items for us to enjoy. I love it!! He now has a name plate on his crate that says Ripken Way. How fun is that!! :c)
I have been busy with work, though loving only working 3 days a week. We are financially tight (danged medical bills) but staying afloat so I am hopeful that I can remain with this schedule. I truly enjoy staying home with my little girl during the week. Justin loves it too on his Tuesdays off. He also gets good Daddy/Daghter time before I get home from work. He is so good with her.
We still lead a youth group on Wed. nights. We are going to miss our co-leaders and good friends Melanie and Wes however, as they are moving to Tennessee next week. They have been such a huge blessing to us, and we will miss them terribly. We will miss our evenings of Amazing Race and our new favorite- Wipeout!!! Haha!
We are also involved in a small group on Thursday nights where we are learning to tackle our finances with Dave Ramsey teachings. It's very enlightening and we are totally gung ho about this, but it is also a bit depressing. We are working one day at a time!
Well, since this first post has turned into more of a novel, I will end it for now. Please feel free to email what is happening in your lives as we would love to hear. God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment