Then on Friday we traveled to Justin's Aunt Sandy and Uncle Brian's house in Kentucky for the weekend. It was a good time. They live on a huge cattle ranch farm. Lynsey and I got to go horse back riding with Sandy which was so much fun. I miss riding. We had some of the best steak I've ever eaten for dinner Friday night and then I tried deer meat and cow tongue, yes, I tried tongue. I must say I hope to never have to eat it again. :cP The deer was ok, Fred did a great job with the seasonings. I think I prefer beef however.
It was so good to see Grandma Peg again. She is pretty spry for 86! She can always make us laugh. She loved being around her great-granddaughters for the weekend. We look forward to visiting the ranch again sometime soon.
Unfortunately, Morganne came down with a fever for the whole weekend. Even feeling crummy, it didn't seem to upset her mood very much. She is such a good baby. Notice her rosie cheeks in most of the pictures however. Luckily, our big family portrait that we had taken while down there, is in black and white, so you can't see the reddness. Good thing too since she was wearing a red dress that was too big for her and had red cheeks, she looked a bit like a cherry. A very cute cherry nonetheless. I definitely don't recommend department store portraits. I guess they were good because they were affordable, but the quality left much to be desired. After nearly 3 hours in the portrait studio we finally got something that was decent. I don't think I will do that again however.
Our ride home was frustratingly long as a 4 hour trip turned into 7 with two hours of less than 20 mph speed due to traffic and accidents. Morganne was a trooper though and really didn't make a peak. Luckily the Colt's game was on the radio to keep us entertained. I took Morganne to the doctor's Monday morning as she was still running a fever. We got some antibiotics and she seems to be doing very well now. Well, here are several pics from the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment