Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Easter,80th birthday, and fun times at the park

From the mouth of Morganne...
So, a lot has happened since my Mommy last blogged. We've been very busy and I wanted to share a few pictures with you. I am now cruising and standing, though am still a bit afraid to take any steps without holding on to something. I'm close though! I am learning my colors, I know yellow, blue, and purple. My favorite word is still "Daddy" though I try to say lots of things. I am learning more sign language and Mommy and Daddy laugh everytime I sign "fish" because they say it makes my whole body wiggle! I am currently teething all four of my premolars, and my mouth hurts sometimes. I am excited that the weather is getting warmer because I LOVE being outside.
Recently we celebrated Easter and I was able to wear my new dress from Aunt Brittany. Aren't I cute! I heard a story about a man named Jesus and how he died and then rose again, just for me! I'm still not totally sure what they are talking about, but he sounds pretty special.

For Easter we went over to Nana and Grandad's (one of my favorite places!) and celebrated Great-Grandpa Ufkes' 80th birthday. I'm not sure what that means, but I think it means he's old! He's still pretty active though, and he loved making me smile. In this picture Daddy is playing with me and my Mommy's cousin Rebekah. We are looking at a new book Nana got me for Easter.
Here is my Great-Grandpa Ufkes. Happy Birthday GGU!


This is my Great-Grandma. She cries almost every time she sees me because she says I'm so special. I'm lucky to have such wonderful great-grandparents.


Here is Daddy trying to learn juggling. You think he could start with a "softer" object. He is pretty silly.



Wow, Daddy, you almost had it!


Then, the next weekend the weather really warmed up and Mommy and Daddy took me to the park!!! I LOVE to swing!!! I am wearing my new t-shirt from my "great" Aunt Becky. My Mommy loves it, she said it shows a dog holding a pacifier, and a baby holding a bone, and both saying "drop it"! How cute! It's pretty fitting for our household!


Here, Daddy and I go down the slide together.


And here, Daddy is realizing that they don't make slides big enough for adults!

Aren't my pigtails cute!


Look at me! I can stand all on my own!!! Yeah!


Here, I've found a stick and Ripken thinks he needs to try it out.
Hmmmm....
Well, if it's that good, maybe I should try it out too! ugh...not very tasty.

Daddy and Me. I'll admit it, I'm a Daddy's girl.

But I do like playing with Mommy too!

Hopefully we'll make it back to the park soon! Have a good week everyone!
Oh!!! One last thing. Daddy wanted me to tell everyone about his new business that he is starting. It's called Grant's Lawn Care, etc. I guess he is going to mow and do yard work for people to make a little extra money so that he and Mommy can get out of debt and start saving for a college fund for me! If you know of anyone that would like their yard mowed, etc. in our area have them call my Daddy 317-250-6670. Thank you!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love all the photos, and Morganne trying the stick because Ripken did is priceless!! Good luck with the new business. I'll tell everyone I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you lived closer, we might want your Daddy to come over to do some lawn care!

    ReplyDelete