Sunday, December 13, 2009

Getting ready for Christmas

Last week we got a Christmas tree set up and decorated and Morganne thought it was so much fun. She loves looking at Christmas lights through town and every day points out the different ornaments she knows and the different colored lights. It's not uncommon to hear from the back seat in the car "Look! More Christmas lights!". She makes us smile often. Decorating for Christmas takes on a whole new meaning when kids are involved. I've been one in the past couple years to not really desire to drag out the decorations because in a month you only have to take them down again. But seeing how excited Morganne has gotten, it's been a lot of fun this year. I look forward as the girls grow, being able to go through the ornaments with them each year. I know it's a lot of work, but I will admit that if my parent's didn't decorate or put up a tree I would miss it and I can't say it would truly feel like Christmas to me. Morganne, Nana, and I also went to Christmas in the Village last weekend in Zionsville and then Christmas on the farm at the Trader's Point Creamery. Both were a bit of a disappointment and we were glad they were free but Morganne got to see some reindeer and ponies at both places and those were definitely the highlights.
Happenings recently, Justin and I both slid off the road on our ways to work last Monday during the nasty snow/ice storm. Fortunately, only he had to get drug out by a tow truck, a very nice man stopped to help me out and it only took me 1hour 15min. to get to work (normally takes 20-25min.). So, there goes $85 before 6am. But, counting our blessings, it could have been much worse.
I am getting huge, and the baby is kicking and moving a lot which is the fun part of pregnancy. We are excited and I'm relieved (I'm the planning type) to have come up with a name finally. Don't even ask though, yes, we are keeping it a secret again until she arrives! ;cP Much to the chagrin of most of our close friends.
Anyhow, looking forward to Christmas plans and seeing some friends and family from out of town. Here are a few recent pictures from the last couple weeks.


Inspecting the lights hung outside, good job Daddy.

There is something mesmerizing about a Christmas tree decorated and lit with Christmas lights. It just makes the room feel warm and cozy.


1 comment: