Monday, April 26, 2010

Job hunt and maternity leave update

For those of you that follow this blog and are close to us, you may recall that I left my last job on a leap of faith without having anything lined up for after my maternity "leave".  I knew it was the right time to leave and certain incidents at my former place of employment, I took as God telling me in bold letters "GO!".  Well, HE never ceases to amaze and his timing is always perfect.  We have been SO blessed (I know, I say that a lot, but it's true!).  My maternity time was of course unpaid and we were stressing about it a lot before it came. God always provides and I'm telling you now that we have actually had extra spending money in this time that I've been off, even without my income.  We have been so blessed with meals being brought to us that it literally cut our grocery bill in half (not to mention that we have amazing cooks as close friends!!).  I've been staying home, obviously, so my car gas bill has been cut in half, and since no daycare costs (or very minimal for Morganne's benefit, as she misses her friends so much) we have saved that money too.  Justin also has been blessed with a few extra mowing jobs and with the weather warmer, much less heat has been used so gas bill is lower too!!  It's been incredible! 
To top it all off I have been given 3 job offers (all from the practices that I wanted to hear from most...), all of them literally making a position for me and willing to be flexible to our family's needs and willing to pay what I asked.  It feels so great to actually be wanted and appreciated for who I am and what I have to offer.  It's a bit humbling, but it also makes me realize how much I was stuck and frustrated at my old job.  My problem now is deciding which offer to take and praying that I choose the right one.  I'm going to have to make a pros and cons list of all of them and compare.  What a problem to have!?!?!  God is amazing.     So, prayers would be greatly appreciated if you happen to think of me over these next couple weeks.  I've told all of them that I will have decided by May 7th.  Again, what a problem to have....

3 comments:

  1. Isn't God amazing?? You would think we'd get used to it but for some reason I'm always surprised at how things "work out." We're praying for you all! SO good to see you the other day at the hospital:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is incredible...3 offers.... very cool! Hope you get the right one and it works out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is so wonderful! I've been thinking about this alot & so glad to hear of the good news. Congratulations. . .this should be a real feather in your cap to be so desired by all 3 organizations!

    ReplyDelete