Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Keep praying please

I went to see my urologist yesterday.  Previously I've only seen the PA's recently so it was good to actually talk to him and get real possibilities and explainations.  I had a KUB (kidney, urinary system, bladder) x-ray prior to the appointment.  He walked into the room and immediately said, "come look at this x-ray".  Then said Hi, how are you on the way there.  I like him, he's very down to earth and easy to talk to.  I feel he really listens and sympathizes.  So I look at the x-ray and immediately see the stone, lodged right where I've been hurting for the past week.  He says "That's not a small stone, and it hasn't moved since last week's visit."   So we go back to the room and talk about options and such.  Basically it comes down to if I don't pass the stone naturally by next Monday the 27th, I will have surgery scheduled to have it taken out next week.  At the time of surgery I will also have a stent placed for 4-5 days too.  As some of you know, the mere thought of another stent in me makes my skin crawl and almost sends me into a panic.  Not to mention the bills that would also come with surgery.  So, your prayers would be GREATLY appreciated.  I will keep you updated.  Luckily, the pain has leveled out some and only really need pain meds in the morning and at night.  Still makes sleeping difficult though.

On a much better topic, here are some things that have happened this last week.  Tonight we introduced Morganne to her "big girl bed" and boy was she excited about it!  We will see how the first night goes.  Not exactly the best week to adjust her to this new bed in my mind, but oh well.    So far, 1 hour into bedtime, she's already asleep.  (Picture a chair rail on the wall...someday.  Oh unfinished projects)

We helped host Yuck Night 2010 last Saturday for our youth group kids and a few adults within our church.  It was a great time and a ton of laughs.  I stayed behind the camera and kept clean.  Justin, no surprise, participated in the mayhem.  Too funny....

The group all clean.  This didn't last long.
Alkaseltser (sp?) and Red Pop.  Learning chemistry first hand.
Tomato juice and lung power.  Justin lost this round :cP
Human sundaes!
Bobbing for rotten apples in diced tomatos with juice, apple juice, and oatmeal 
Justin, going ears deep!
Smack a egg, on my head!  Lynsey modeling her egg wear!
I love it, no holding back even for his wife!
Check out that air!
Water war
Katie getting a face full
After the messy fun. What a memory.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute bed! Is it toddler size or twin? I think it's so nice to have a big bed b/c you can lay down with them, and it gives you an extra place to read books, snuggle or sit while they play! What a big girl she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly,

    Please call me if you need someone to keep the girls, one or both I don't mind at all. My mom would even be able to help me too. We will be praying that they pass on their own.

    ReplyDelete