It's been one illness after another for us these past couple months and Kaelynn seems to be getting the brunt of everything lately. I think we've spent nearly $200 in doctor co-pays over the last month. Unfortunately, almost everything has been labeled a virus, leaving us to just wait it out. This last visit however, when Kaelynn had spiked a 102.6 fever for 2 days, the doctor thought he saw an inner ear infection so he rx'd amoxicillin. That was last Saturday. She had been doing better, but then developed a rash on Tuesday evening. I figured it was one of three reasons: 1- an allergic reaction to amoxicillin, 2- a strep rash, even though she had tested negative at the doctor's on Saturday, and 3- a viral rash. So, since we were already on amoxicillin, which is the treatment for strep, and a viral rash would go away on it's own, I decided to watch and wait and on recommendation from a doctor friend, continue giving the amoxicillin. (I also saw sores in her throat which are often signs of an viral infection too...) I decided not to visit the doctor again. The rash went away Thursday morning. Well, today it came back with a vengeance!!! So, poor girl, she is now being labeled as allergic to amoxicillin!!!
Here are a couple funny pictures of Morganne, being her normal, goofy self. She has recently been having her "imaginary" friends over to play. Kacie and Kiwi (Kacie's daughter) are with us often now. Luckily, they are very friendly and well-behaved! :c)
No comments:
Post a Comment