Sunday, April 7, 2013

Catch up - Easter fun

The weather Easter weekend was pretty good.  Not nearly as nice as last year, but we couldn't complain since just the week before we had nearly 8 inches of snow on the ground.  Morganne's softball debut is in a few weeks so we are itching for the good weather to get out and practice.  Here, Justin made a make shift backstop and we played pitch and catch in the "warmer" sunshine.
 

 
Then it was time to dye some eggs.  The girls loved this new fun "craft".  Kaelynn even came away with a bit of pink dyed hair from leaning in a little close.  ;c)  They were proud to take the newly colored eggs to Easter dinner then next day.





 
My girls.....

(Yes, Kaelynn's shoes are on the wrong feet.  She insists that they are comfortable and this is the way she wants to wear them. I'm just happy she can put them on by herself, and someday figure she will learn what really is comfortable for her!)
 
 
And the hunt is on....  Luckily we got in minutes before the rain let loose!  (It was a little cold for the play dress Kaelynn wanted to wear and unfortunately, I only had red pants to go with in the van! ha!  Oh well, she was comfy and had a great time!)



"Future" cousin Blake, decided to help with the "hiding".  Kaelynn thought it was pretty hilarious.



 
Comparing their loot.

 
 
A little help, Daddy....



Justin showing off his juggling skills and Morganne trying to catch them mid-air.

 
Great-Grandpa's birthday is always around Easter, so per tradition we always celebrate with a cake too.  This year Kaelynn decided she would help with the cake and Grandpa thought that was pretty neat.  I love these next few pictures, as it shows genuine excitement and love from my grandfather towards my Kaelynn.


 
 
The weather is finally improving.  We can't wait to get outside.  It was so nice today (nearly 70) and everyone in the neighborhood was out and about.  We even saw three close friends that stopped by because they were out for a walk, jog, or bike ride and saw us out playing.  It's so much easier to "do community" when the weather is nice.  Papo and Phyllis, we can't wait until you are back so that we can do some walks over to your place! 

I am finally out of the first trimester and am finally feeling better.  I'm very tired, especially at the end of my work days, but I'm thankful the neausea has stopped.  I'm hoping the near fainting spells that kicked in with the girls in the 4th month doesn't start, but I've already had one close one, so I'm figuring this is just how my body grows.  I'm also starting to think about when the first kidney stone will come.....   Oh the joys of pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment