I on the other hand have been trying to find some way of making money myself. I have been blessed with the opportunity to stay home with Morganne 2 days a week so the chance to make some money while having her has been a bit difficult. We have justified that the extra $80 a paycheck to work 2 more days with daycare fees, gas costs, and emotional time away from our daughter just isn't worth me working 2 more days a week. God has blessed me with friends who have "hired" me to do some of the things I love. I was commissioned to draw a portrait for a friend of mine of her golden she recently lost. Justin took a few pictures of me drawing. I think this is the first time I've been photographed while doing art. Many of my friends now don't even know I like to do artwork. Since reading my sister-in-laws blog about "feeling her greatest while being creative" I've really started thinking about doing more "creative" stuff. I've got a few projects in mind... If only the clean-up weren't so time consuming! I need a bigger house....
Another blessing I've had recently is to take some pictures of a couple friends of mine. Cassie swapped me my photography time for 2 hair cuts at her salon! It's not money, but it's money saved from a needed thing! I love it! Here are a few photos from the afternoon. It truly helps when your subjects are so photogenic!! Again, I'm not a professional, I just like photography. No judging!
And of course I can't leave you without an update on Morganne. She is definitely getting bigger. Still no crawling yet, but that is fine with us. We are enjoying the stationary period as long as we have it. I like knowing that I can leave her on the floor or in her bouncy seat and know that she'll be there when I come back. She is getting an attitude and will let you know when she is becoming impatient about whatever she is doing, such as not feeding her fast enough or not keeping her interest. Oh but she is so adorable. We smile every day!
Nap time with Daddy still continues often. Oh we will miss these days....
Nap time with Daddy still continues often. Oh we will miss these days....
This is my favorite Morganne face! I'm so glad Justin caught it in a photo. This is her "I'm happy and being ornery, but aren't I cute!"
Wow! That picture is amazing! Great job! And those pictures of Morganne are too cute.
ReplyDeleteHolly you are an amazing artist! I love to see your work!! And you know I think Mo is the most beautiful baby girl I know!! Love ya! Britt
ReplyDelete