Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A horrible end to a fun filled day

Oh the carnage.... Last Sunday we went up to Derek and Lynsey's to celebrate Annabel's birthday party. It was a bit rainy, but held off enough so that we could all play outside and watch the girls interact. It was a very fun afternoon and Grandma Sue was able to be there too. Upon arriving home however, we discovered one of the biggest messes I have ever seen. So bad, I told Justin I had to take pictures for the blog! I really don't think the pictures do it justice. The blessing was that the dogs were ok, and after a call to poison control to make sure of this, I told the vet I spoke with, well if the accidental overdose of a supplement that they got into didn't kill them, I just may! They spent their first night outside that night and I've barely talked to them since. Today they both got baths but then it's raining outside so they are wet and muddy. We arrived home at 9:30pm to vomit, urine, and diarrhea in every room of our house. Justin ended up calling in to work the next day to stay home and clean carpets. What a sweet guy he is. He worked hard, but the stains and some of the smell are still there. We are contemplating what to do next and not break the bank. A new floor may be our Christmas present?!?!? Anyhow, a few pictures of the carnage. I was so proud of Justin, not only did he have a strong stomach the entire time, but boy did he work hard at cleaning.

WARNING: The following images may be too much to bear!!!

Justin cleaning the kitty litter that we had to spread over the ENTIRE kitchen to absorb all of the liquid. We could hardly walk through the kitchen without stepping in something.
Morganne's room, the worst area hit.


Yes, there are 4 hit zones in the living room. We were cleaning off the walls too from splatter. It seriously looked like a crime scene. When we first walked in, I thought it was blood.

**************************************************************
On a MUCH better note, here are some adorable pictures from Annabel's birthday party. Aren't the girls too cute!



The birthday girl!


Trying out Annabel's new birthday gift from her favorite Uncle Justin and Aunt Holly and cousin Morganne. Morganne is telling her how much fun she has in hers!!!
Corn husk dolls made by Lynsey's mom. Morganne thought they were pretty neat!
Grandma Sue and her girls!


Caught ya Derek! Yes, I saw you trying on Annabel's new jewelry!
A Daddy's most precious memory

3 comments:

  1. wow. I had no idea when you were talking about this last night what it would look like. How horrific. I hope you guys get it figured out and I am glad your dogs didn't have any other issues. That is horrible. I am sure that was the last thing you wanted to do when you got home. :( The BD pictures were great. Morganne is getting so big.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry that happened! I can only imagine how horrified you must have been!! We will definitely donate to the "new carpet" fund! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete