Friday, September 26, 2008

Time flies!

It's amazing how time flies. So many things have been going on recently I just realized that I haven't been very good at this blog thing in a while. Recently, things that have been happening:


Saddly, I have to report that my grandmother's colon cancer has returned and she underwent surgery last Monday to remove more of her colon. She is healing slowly and it has been rough on my Grandfather and other family members. It's hard because they live and hour and a half away. We went up to visit on Wed. and it was nice to see Grandma smiling at Morganne. I regret the fact that they have seen her so few times... Family is so important. It's such a blessing to have my parents so close. I wish Sue and Fred and Derek, Lynsey, and Annabel were closer.
Justin and my dad are putting up our privacy fence!!! I am so excited! Pictures will come soon as the fence is finished! We have the side off of the garage finished and the front corner and already Roz is barking less. We feel slightly sad however, that once the fence goes up she will no longer see the world beyond our backyard. Poor stepchild....
Ripken and I have begun agility again, as money allows. We will be going to a trial this coming weekend. Oh how we have missed it. I love doing agility with him. He really loves it and excels at it. Hopefully I can post some pictures of us running someday. It's hard to take pictures of yourself running agility!!???
We recently got together with some of our closest friends for the evening. It's amazing how much can change in one year. I will also say that we all left by 10pm that night. Kids change things. Here are a few snapshots from the evening:
Dylan and Morganne, sitting up so big!

Morganne's first kiss!?!?!? Hey watch it Curtis! (Supposedly, he does this all the time at daycare! ;c))


Have I mentioned what a good dog Ripken is.... He's such a sweet boy. Morganne loves to laugh at the animals and they like to come and give her big wet kisses on the hands, feet, and face.


Dont' worry I did not allow this to go on for long. He is such a good boy....



This past weekend we had a McCormack family dinner to day goodbye to Papo and Phyllis who will be leaving us to spend the winter in Florida. How rough.... We will miss them!!! I used the opportunity of beautiful weather at my parents to take some new pics of Morganne.




Whoa, Grandad, are your eyes really this bad?!?!? haha.


We had a big day today. Morganne was dedicated at church this morning by some of our closest friends, the Stahlhuts. They are friends that we highly admire and look up to. We are so blessed to be surrounded by a loving and supportive church family. They have all taken the pledge to assist and support Justin and I in bringing up Morganne to be a strong Christian woman. We are so blessed by this beautiful girl!



Well that's all for now. I've got a lot of things I could add to this post. More thoughts and happenings, but as a family we are all worn out for the day and we are headed to bed. Yes, it's only 9:30pm.

2 comments:

  1. I see Annabel in a lot of these pictures! I think they resemble each other more and more! What a pretty baby she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love checking your blog from time to time. Morganne is absolutely adorable!!!
    Angela Humphrey (Lindsay's mom)

    ReplyDelete