Friday, October 15, 2010

I have peace in my heart

I have peace in my heart but it also aches.  My grandmother passed away on Tuesday.  She has been sick for a long time, surviving two bouts of colon cancer and suffering through the healing of multiple surgeries and the side effects of having many inches of your colon removed.  She went back into the hospital a few weeks ago with severe anemia but the doctors (I'm forever dissappointed with human medicine) told her it would take 10 days to get the results of a bone marrow biopsy.  She went back into the hospital on Monday and they diagnosed her with leukemia.  She didn't last 24 hours.  We were blessed to have gotten to talk to her on the phone on Sunday and Morganne got to speak to her too.  I had a feeling that might be the last time as she sounded so bad.  My grandma and I got along well.  She was a very timid person with great humility and kindness.  She lived through a rough childhood, much of which I don't know all the details.  She had a good sense of humor but had a stubborn streak of worrying herself sick over many things.  Family was one thing the worried about most often. (Unfortuntely, I get that from both sides of my family.) 
Though I miss my grandmother dearly and the thought of death and never seeing someone again puts my stomach in knots, my heart is at peace.  She knew Jesus and loved him, so I know where she is and that she is no longer in pain.  I have been SO immensely blessed in that the people people closest to me are also followers of Christ, allowing me to have the peace that if I lose them here on earth, I know someday I will see them again and that they are enjoying the pleasures of Heaven and getting to meet our God in person.  I'm not sure how many people read our blog regularly but chances are, that if you do read it, it means we care deeply for you.  I hope you too know Christ so that if we become separated here on earth we will one day meet again.  I am so blessed with great memories of my grandmother with my girls and surprise, surprise I have many pictures too.  (This is a reason I take so many, because I never want to forget and I want my girls to know who loves them and what they've been able to do.)  Here are a few pictures from this last summer, and a video that I will forever cherish.


Great-Grandma and Kaelynn
Four generations



1 comment:

  1. wow the video was precious and made me tear up. Glad you do take pictures and shared your sad time with all of us.

    ReplyDelete