Sunday, October 31, 2010

Worship, Praise, and an AWESOME evening

Last night Justin and I we blessed to be able to attend a Jeremy Camp, John Mark McMillan, and Carlos Whittaker concert.  It was such a great evening.  At each of their stops during this "Worship Tour" that they are doing they are hosting a "Conversations" time with area worship leaders to discuss how to make worship authentic in their churches. Because Justin is an assistant worship leader we got to go and be among about a hundred people to sit and talk with Jeremy, John Mark, and Carlos.   It was pretty neat.  We learned about "disturbing and disrupting, professional Christians". We then met our good friends Nicci and Kevin at the concert later and really had a great time of worship and praise and it really re-energized all of us.  We have been singing John Mark's and Jeremy's songs ever since (Not to mention we bought their CD's!)  Justin is a huge fan of John Mark McMillan and I have grown to be one too in the short time we've known about him.  Even though our favorite song "Death in his Grave" wasn't played last night, seeing John Mark in concert, and up close!!!, was very cool and he is seriously one of the best song writer, poets I've seen in a long time.  Not to mention his voice is just mesmerizing.  Jeremy Camp was very good too and being from Lafayette originally his family was there too and participated in some of the songs.  It's always neat, I think, when the singer makes the show personal and unique.  It was an awesome evening.  And to top everything off, Justin lead worship AND taught this AM in church.  It was definitely the best sermon he's ever given and he said it was the first time he felt "complete" after giving it, like he had said everything God wanted him too. 
"Conversations"



Meeting John Mark after the concert!!!!!!!


Check out John Mark's song and video "Death in his Grave"- It's awesome....


And because I had to include some of the girls, here are our Halloween/Fall pics from today.  We will have more with costumes after tonight. 


Ripken cleaning Kaelynn up after lunch.... :c)

Morganne is still doing great with "pottying in the big potty" and this is the sight that I came to when I met her in the kitchen after going #2!  She gets M&M's every time she does #2 on the potty.  Unfortunately, for us, she is very smart and has learned how to get as many M&M's as she can.  But for now, we are just thrilled it's been so easy so we aren't about to make any changes or stop rewarding.  Too funny.  Oh, and Morganne's Potty training made it into Justin's sermon today.  :cP


And a funny picture of Kaelynn after her bath this week.  I think her teeth right now kinda look like Jack-O-lantern teeth!  :cP  She makes us smile so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment