Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The innocence of a 2 year old

This weekend was very long and tiring.  I'm glad it's over, though I have a deep passion for spending time with family so I'm sad that has to end and that a special part of my family is no longer with us.  It was an interesting weekend with the girls too.  They were great, I could not have asked any more of them for the interrupted nap times, confined play areas, meeting new people, long car rides, and always trying to be on their "best" behavior and "quiet" in the funeral home.  Morganne's innocence and lack of understanding proved to be the hardest part for me.  I rarely cry in general, but when she would ask where Great-Grandma was it definitely choked me up a few times, and about caused my grandfather to lose it when she asked him.  oops.  It's impossible to explain death to a two year old.  We just kept stressing that though we will never see her again, Great-Grandma is now with Jesus in Heaven.  How much of that she understands I have no idea.  She did ask me though if I was going to die and if she was going to die someday.  That was hard to explain too.  The girls definitely brought a fun, more lightened aspect to the funeral.  Their laughs and giggles made everyone smile so their presence was very appreciated.  Like always I had my camera present.  Here are some pictures I captured over the weekend.   
Morganne and Kacee at the funeral home.  The home was an old house that had incredible woodwork and architecture. 

Bringing a moment of relief before the burial.






A very tired little girl, but being very well behaved despite the lack of naps and constant going, going, going.


 A moment of sadness and final goodbye as Grandma's casket was lowered into the ground.
And a moment of joy from a two year old.

 Back at my parent's after the burial.  A special moment that if only for a short time took Great-Grandpa's mind off of the circumstances.

 Thanks in-part to her sister, Kaelynn also brought some laughs that afternoon.
 Morganne, as everyone else too, thoroughly enjoyed her time with Aunt Becky.  We wished so much that she lived closer.

And, because this post was mostly of Morganne here is a cute pic of Kaelynn taken last week.  She makes us smile every day.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post. Losing the ones we love is never easy. Thanks for posting and taking the pictures. I don't think I have seen pictures from a burial and funeral but now wish I could in some cases. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete